Resources for Service Animals versus Emotional Support Animals in clinical settings.
- Where are they allowed and under what conditions? (https://adata.org/publication/service-animals-booklet)
- Understanding How to Accommodate Service Animals in Healthcare Facilities (https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/planning/abc/Pages/service-animals.aspx)
- Service Animals in Health Care Settings (http://www.adanowonline.org/winter2018article9.html)
- See Spot in the clinic: Service animals in clinical rotations – Disability Compliance For Higher Education (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/dhe.30300)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA (https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.pdf)
- Service Animals ( https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.pdf)
Service dogs are often confused with therapy or emotional support dogs. While some of their roles overlap, service dogs have distinct protection under the American Disabilities Act (ADA). Guidelines for Emotional Support Animal (ESA) vs. service animals are different.